ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have an 85 turbo with 80k on it. My 20 year old struts are worn out.
1. Has anyone replaced the electric stock struts with Bilstein struts?
2. What have you used for a ride that will come close to stock if not Bilstein?. I'm an old man and I just enjoy the ride as original as I can get.
3. Do the struts you may suggest come complete without the need for anything else? And, while I'm at it,
4. whats up with the rearend axles being worn down? Some other Z freak said because of the position of my rear wheels (somewhat toe"out") that the ends of the axles were worn down. The rear end does leak some.
5. Thanks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
you can go bilstein or tokico illuminas if you want to keep the option of stiffness control, except with illuminas it wont be electronic you will have to set them by hand with a small screw driver. if you have the stock springs the you will need a spring compressor to take off the springs i dont think they are that exdpensive, and also you will need a good tool box of course , bilsteins are great if you just want something siomple and dont care for the adjustability. i dont know much about the toe setting on the rear but if you are talking about the squatting , it is because of your old worn down springs,also i dont know what you mean by the worn axles , but i do know that they have these rubber boots that like to rip open and leak grease out .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.