ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is an approximate time to change all 4 struts/coils on a 76 280 for someone who is mechanically inclined with the right tools?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
couple hours? You can just unhook them from the top and swing them out. No need to completely remove them from the car. Just be careful of the paint on the car. Good idea to drape a big quilt or something across the fender. Messing around with coil springs and strut nuts can sometimes get out of hand. Big wrenches, odd tools involved, etc.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yea.... Just swing them out....

That's what I do too.... the quilt is a good idea... I haven't used a quilt, but will try it next time.

Timing... is a good question... the first time took me longer then a few hours because I also replaced the U-Joints of the half shafts. While I had stuff a part I figured why not... I also did the brakes front and rear, and replaced the wheel bearings in the front. But if your not doing all that... I would agree with the better part of a Saturday.

Good luck, and don't try and remove the pins in the rear "A" arms.

Cheers,
Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: How about Sunday?

But I have to work Saturday. How long do you think it would take on Sunday ? :>)
I hope everyone has a safe and sane Holiday Weekend. Z you all next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.