ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know how many of you are on the zhome mailing list, but here's a post we received today:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi

I have the bars figured out.

I tried to make a straight bar for the front towers but I found that in order to clear the cam cover the vertical flange was quite high.

My concern with this is flex in the vertical flange......defeating the purpose. So I have decided to bend the front bar at each end in order to get
the clearance. The rear bar will be straight.

The bar will be available in steel as the general consensus indicated concern with fatigue and strength in the aluminum.

I will have all the bars and mounts powder painted. Please vote flat black, gloss black, wrinkled black. Let me know.

I do not have a picture to offer at this time but I will have them ready tomorrow, and I will email then to you.

As an added incentive, I will also have a batch of solid differential mounts made up for the first generation Zs. See attached pictures. These
replace the stock rubber diff. mount as well as the diff. strap. It will eliminate rear end clunk and stiffen everything up.

cost: strut bar set: front and rear $120.00 US $175.00 Can.
solid diff mount $27.00 US $40.00 Can.

Strut Bar set and Diff. mount. $140.00 US $205.00 Can.

I will knock off another 10% for anyone that buys 5 or more combination sets (bars and mounts)....club or group purchase...?

Only a certified cheque or money order will be accepted as payment and I will require it prior to placing the order for the items to be
manufactured. Shipping will be your responsibility. I have to figure that out yet!!!

Dont worry Im good for it...."Mad" Mike Taylor knows where I live!

As Im sure you understand the total cost it high for me to fork out and thats why Im asking for the money up front. I dont want to be stuck with
all sorts of stuff....my wife will kill me! The price is based on a minimum quantity, so if you can think of anyone that may be interested let
me/them know. If any of you are members of a Z club please freely distribute this post.

I need to get orders for 20 sets of bars and 20 diff mounts. This will be a ONE time deal so jump on the band wagon while you can.

Let me know and please throw any final opinions you may have on this before I go for it.
Thanks for your interest guys.

Jerry Barvinek.
BARP.....Barvinek Performance. :)

BTW, I will have a price on the competition style oil pan tomorrow as well....I hope!
AND
I have not started on the Coil overs but I will soon.....want them on my car before summer. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerry's email is [email protected]
If you are not on the mailing list I suggest you goto www.zhome.com and subscribe. The pics he mentions are pics of a solid rear mount like the kind Motorsport Auto sells. Looks to be a good deal on the bars, should see a pic soon.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Sounds almost too good to be true....Do you offer a kit for the '82 ZX? I purchased one from Nissan, and it fit, as long as you didn't want to close the hood, took it back. Does yours have this problem solved?

Ken

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: I'm just the messenger

I'm not making the bars myself, I'm just passing on some mailing list info. I do know that the bars he is making are for his personal car, a 240z. I seriously doubt they will work on a 280zx. I would think he could make them, though. All it would take is a donor car to do the fitting. BAsically this guy does the R&D and makes the stuff for his car, then sells the results to help pay for further car upgrades. Check my original post for his email address.
greg
71 240z

Ken Hawkins wrote:
-------------------------------
Sounds almost too good to be true....Do you offer a kit for the '82 ZX? I purchased one from Nissan, and it fit, as long as you didn't want to close the hood, took it back. Does yours have this problem solved?

Ken

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: strut bars for sale</b>

i bought a front brace from nissan for the front and it fit but was tight around the pcv valve on the valve cover. if you have a rear for the 79-83zx I would be very interested in one. [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.