ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday one my way home from school and out of the middle of nowhere I heard a noise and then realized that water was spraying the inside of my car on the passenger side. Almost all of the radiator fluid was on the inside of my car on the brand new carpet I installed last week and it was extremely hot. I go it towed home and I am waiting for it to dry out so I can look and see what went wrong. I'm assuming that it was a bad heater hose but I'm not sure because I replaced all of them less than three months ago. I don't believe it was the heater core. I guess I'll just have to look to find out.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
You can bypass your heater core so your car will be drivable. I had the same problem. On the passenger side of the engine there are two connections for the water that goes into your car. Instead of running the two into the car, just connect them with a short piece of hose. This will bypass the water into your heater core which is probably the source of your leak.

·
Registered
680 Posts
> You can bypass your heater core so your car
> will be drivable. I had the same problem. On
> the passenger side of the engine there are
> two connections for the water that goes into
> your car. Instead of running the two into
> the car, just connect them with a short
> piece of hose. This will bypass the water
> into your heater core which is probably the
> source of your leak.

I had the same thing happen to me and it the two hoses that go past the firewall of the car. And there both realy close to each other.

I got a new heater core I m tring to find out how hard it is to replace. Where I live it snow. Day time no problem sunroofs Night are chilly

·
Registered
680 Posts
> source of your leak.

I had the same thing happen to me and it the two hoses that go past the firewall of the car. And there both realy close to each other.

I got a new heater core I m tring to find out how hard it is to replace. Where I live it snow. Day time no problem sunroofs Night are chilly

·
Registered
680 Posts
bummmer

> source of your leak.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It is not as bad as it looks, take heart!

I have worked on these heater cores and hoses a couple of times, and the easiest way to do this is to pull the dash. I know, that sounds dramatic, but it isn't too bad.

Remember, the dash was designed to be installed on the assembly line, so it went in easy. It will come out pretty easy to. You will need to pull the steering wheel off, disconnect all wiring connections (they are fairly easy to get to, and idiot proof, you can't hook them up wrong)

I have pulled dashboards in junk yard cars to get at parts in less than 20 minutes wearing my good work clothes and made it back to work before my lunch was over, so you shouldn't have too many problems.

I would replace the heater core and the hoses leading to it as long as you have the dash off.

good luck, amigo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.