ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here's the deal. my tranny just recently took a dump. so its been at the shop getting a rebuilt one put in. so they call me to tell me to come pick it and i do so willing because i'm delighted to be getting my car back. i hope on the freeway to head home just cruz'n at about 3500 rpms then all the sudden bam 0 rpms the engine just dies. i pull over and it will turn over and it won't start back up pop the hood and i fried the wire that goes to the relay that sends the signal to the fuel pump right. take it back to the shop they replace the wire and get it started and told me the reason why the wire fried is cuz i didn't have enough gas in the car and because i left the ignition on. i was like what ever i know my own **** car you fricken morons. anyways i take they're advise and fill the tank and take it back on the freeway andit does the same thing but this time the wire wasn't fried. and the guys asks did you have enough gas in it and i tell him i took your advise and filled the tank. he didn't say much after that. so then i took it back to the shop and they're trying to diagnos is as of now. did anyone else have this problem? if so please let me know or what your out put is on it

·
Registered
293 Posts
check the distributor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i really doubt it's the distributor. and just for kicks how would it be the distributor? not saying it's not or that it couldn't be but what would make it be that?

·
Registered
782 Posts
If it melted the wire then there most be in a short in fuel pump wiring some where, there is a bare wire probably making contact with the car body.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea but why would it run for a few miles then die? and when it fried the relay would still be trying to send power to the pump. cuz i could hear it when the ignition was on

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok heres an update on my situation. the place that still has my car can not find the problem. i am currently trying to get ahold of the tech that did the diagnosing but as of right now he's out to lunch. so far this is what i know and what i don't know. what i know...... i know that the engine is not getting fuel. what i don't know...... if the injectors are pulsing, if theres a clog in the line, if they pinched a fuel/wire line while installing the tranny, if it's a relay. But they took about 3 days to do a diagnosis of the eletrical and found nothing. so i'm trying to find out if theres a clog in the line. cuz i've called some other electrical repair places and i don't wanna bring it there if it's not even electrical. ya know? so i geuss i need to really get a hold of the tech that did the work cuz if it is a cloged line the i'll just replace that myself and if its somthing piched then those A holes are fixing it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok heres the deal i talked to them and this is the problem. The fuel pump isn't turning on or doesn't work. Now i tryed to ask the tech if he put a meter around the fuel pump wires to see if they were even getting signals and he totally disregarded my question by saying i need to take it to the dealer. so if anyone in pheonix has a meter lemme know to see if i need electrical work or a new fuel pump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.