Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 72 240z. I have two very strange turn signal
problems.

1) When I put right turn signal on, it looks as if it is blinking from inside the car, but in reality, my flashers are blinking (both turn signals at once). As soon as I step on the brake, my flashers/turn signal stops blinking. Also, and this is really weird, if I press the brake and have my right turn signal on, and try to stop my car, it revs with the rhythm of the flashers. My left turn signal works fine.

2) My left turn signal will not shut off even if I go around a
very sharp turn, however my right turn signal does shut off if I turn right. I think this may have something to do with alignment of the control arm or steering wheel?

How do I fix them!!!????

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>WOW.... What a problem</b>

Hi Ruth...

Sounds like ya got a good one here.... I don't have a good answer for ya.... except... just make left turns.... Take the turn signal switch apart and clean it up and see what happens.... I hear ya can buy a replacement for about $25 and shipping.... I would do a search and see what has been posted before....

Good Luck,
Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GET A PRIEST !

too wierd. Instead of rev-ving could it be from normal idle to ummm... unrev-ving. I know with mine a heavy electrical load on the alternator drops the engine a few rpm. Whats your ammeter doing during all this, charging or discharging?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: WOW.... What a problem

I think I'm gonna make a macro "yeah what Dennis said"! Just checked the wiring diagram and the only thing all these problems have in common is the right turn signal position on the combo switch. "yeah, what Dennis said" see, it works

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: What about hazard switch?

What does it do when you turn on the hazards? I know that the turn signal circuit runs through the switch and if you have a short in there maybe it is completing a circuit to the hazzard AND the turn signal circuits at the same time... Just a wild guess, but this is a very STRANGE problem!

Steve G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.