ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my car is creaking like a submarine going too deep, I thought it was the steering at first but it doesn't do it when I had the car at a stop and turned the wheel, and then I thought it was the suspension, but I don't think so any more since the car doesn't creak when I push down on it when its standing still, but I do have really bad suspension that does need to be replaced, but I just want to know what is causing my car to be wierd, its an 84 2+2, Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
If your bushes/balljoints etc are worn bad you can expect some noise from the front end especially when going over bumps etc...

·
Registered
548 Posts
Is it coming from the back or front? Do you hear it at lower speeds, like when you drive out the driveway or start out across a parking lot? Is it a clicking, sqeaking, grinding or just the submarine groan?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It starts up I have the car move, and stays there untill I go up to 60 miles an hour, then I don't notice it, but that could be because the wind blocks the sound. Its not really a clicking, its like the ticking sound a car makes when its turned off, but much louder, almost like something is sliding, catches for a second, and then slides some more.

·
Registered
657 Posts
**** im confused!

stupid idea......... try removing the t-tops. probably not it.
could it be the interior moldings......... thats what my creaking is.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, its not the t-tops, since I've been driving it around without them, its been nice weather down here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.