ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this last week, followed some questimates and nothing helped.
I have a 1982 280ZX 2+2, A/T, all power, etc.

Problem: All of a sudden, the following does not work.
-- Power Windows
-- Cruise Control
At the same time, The speedometer stuck on 30mph. BUT odometer is working.

Also it is cutting out some when accelerating from a stop.

Today I cleaned connections, under the hood, of the FUSIBLE LINKS & RELAYS on the right inner fender.
Also, removed the passenger seat and cleaned connection on "whatever" they are.ha.
Note; I have misc. stuff from two parts cars so I have 2 extra of eack of above. I changed all of them out, one by one, and kept trying the windows. NO LUCK!!!!!!

Any advise will be VERY appreciated.

God Bless

Charles

· Registered
130 Posts
I had a similar problem after I installed my stereo. It would blow the standard fuses linked with it [the original radio] so for power I ran a wire strait from the battery to the stereo but put a 15 amp fuse in the curcuit. After I did this, and replace my fuses, my RPM's worked again, my windows worked again, etc. Have you checked the computer in the driver's side kick panel? Make sure that all your fuses are good too. Hope that any of this is helpful.

Happy New Year

· Registered
492 Posts
man!...you do have pwoblems!.......what were you doing/what was happening when this started....if anything?.....just a guess...i kinda think ...maybe...you have more than one prob.....causing different things to wack out....does your heater/defroster work? brake lights?.....if your heat/defrst dont work look at the vac hoses (and magnetic switches) @ the canister..that could explain the miss and cruise.....but most all the stuff thats related to that (electrically) are those boxes under the passenger seat.....one or both of them may have went south...or the wires/fuses furnishing them w/power....those boxes are for the stop lights and cruise.....if you have a "warning display" you can press the "test" button and it'll tell you what the car thinks is wrong (kinda)...do you have a digital dash?...s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.