ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a major engine failure in my z. I either have a whole in my piston or the rings broke. The reason I am sure of this is that I have no compression on #3 and I have gas smell in my oil. And it missing horribly. I wont have the money to get the engine rebuilt til after christmas time. Im wondering besides a good car cover do I need to do anything besides a car cover. Ive searched the archives but I havent had much luck yet. Laterzzzz Mark

·
Registered
685 Posts
Re: Storing for a couple of months??(dead motor an

Mark, just a few days ago , I took a compression check on my 240 and found that I had a bad cylinder due to loss of compression . I was figuring out what the **** to do , and weather this car was worth the $$ or to part it out and find another early 240. To make a long story short , it turns out that this engine is ok but I did find a vary clean , and I mean beautiful , '81 zx . I was prepaired to buy it but found out my mill was ok . I found that to go through my engine $1200. this complete 280 long block $400. So take hart all isnt that bad , you might think of just finding a good 280 non turbo engine and just make the swap. I hope this is of help to you and good luck. Gary Portland Or Where do you live if I can help let me know.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Re: Storing for a couple of months??(dead motor an

Mark,
If you keep in the garagage and have ur carb all hooked up then draine it and you should be ok until u decide to rebuild it. If the carbs are off then just plug up the intake and exhaust opennings with ducktape. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.