ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, semester report cards made it home today, and your's truly got his first "C", the parent's flipped a **** and banned me from spending anymore money on my car, until this school year is over. I will still be visiting here regularly, and posting as well, but some of my hopeful upgrades will have to wait. By the time summer starts, I will have about $5K to drop into the Z, any suggestions? I'm not gonna TT it, as much as I want to, I don't think it would be very practical for me right now. So suggestions are welcome. Anyone else think this may be a slightly harsh punishment? Especially for a kid who has a 4.3 GPA? oh well at least summer will be entertaining.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
no itsn ot really a harsh punishment.... you get to not drop money into a pit. if i were you, id just keep that 5k and keep savin it... the NA doesnt have much potential unless you TT it. and take it from me, that moeny could come in handy on a rainy day....

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
my thoughts exactly sj

·
Registered
496 Posts
My parents were like that.... Take 3k of that money, put it in a savings account, 401k, mutual fund, or the like, take the other 2k, buy new exhaust, sheels, MegaZ bling, headers, intake, ecu, interior stuff, or whatever, and then keep saving and hopefully when ur ready you'll have enough for either a tt or a tt swap saved up. Or better yet, the good start of a college/retirement/rainy-day/whatever savings.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
My high school was on a 5 point grade average system. That was 10-15 years ago in Illinois though.

I had a 1974 Mustang II in high school... I think you'll be alright.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Z-CARR, same in texas. 4.3 in college would be impressive. Grades are very important, but direction and a good work ethic in school and work will get you farther unless you are very intelligent and are able to get a 6 figure job out of college [extremely difficult right now].

I took every advanced class in highschool and made C's/B's because they were high enough to keep people like parents/teachers off my back. I started taking classes 2 years ahead when in the 3rd grade all the way to college calculus my Junior year of highschool. However, I was barely in the top 20%, not good enough to get into a decent school. I scored in the top 3% on my SAT and wrote a fantastic essay [if I may say so myself] and got into a decent school that way.

My God given abilities got me a 2.0 for two semesters in college and not much else. After finally applying my die hard work ethic to school, I can almost speak chinese fluently and got a 3.5 or above every semester or since.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
yeah i suck at school. Thats crazy for them to get that mad over a C. I usually get a couple A's, mostly B's and a C or two. Prolly cause of schools, like my school sucks ass. German teacher expects you to already know it, and other teachers just half ass it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea my school is pretty hardcore, top 30 in the nation apparently. but yea 4.3 weighted GPA and BARELY in the top quarter. I guess it won't be that bad, and saving some $$ wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
i had a 3.7gpa in high school......latin class 1-3....... =/.....I took honors and everything....My school only weighted it 0-4...

I drove my vette and dropped every dime of it in high school.......

I dont recommend it.....It made the 2nd semester and year of college very frustrating funds wise for me.....

If i would of been more "responsible" with the $, it could have been a lot smoother...

Woooo for a job with tuition payback!

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
zlover, i don't know of a college that has a greater than 4.0 scale, lol. Keeping a 3.5 in college is almost impossible these days it seems. Unless you want to have no social life at all.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
OK..to answer you question since some decided to answer with "TT". And not dropping money into a NA..and since I am a die hard NA fan. I sugggest doing suspension and some mild engine parts.

IF, in the future you are wanting to do a TT swap or buy a TT. THen I suggest that you stick with mods that are transferable to the TT engine. Like cat back exhaust..underdrive pulleys.that kind of stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.