ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did several G-Tech runs in my 75 2+2 after installing an engine that doesn't rod knock...
Engine has 186,000 miles on it and was out of an 81 ZX 2+2.
Has a 13# flywheel, spinning slotted mags and hard Falcon tires of 205-14 size. TWM Big throat, with stock exhaust manifold, going to the MSA 2.5" exhaust with two mufflers in the system, a 2.5" cor glasspack where the Cat normally is on a Cal-Car, and a turbo muffler out back.MSA cold-air intake.
My average of several runs was in the 123 range.
Lowest reading was 118, highest was 127.
Could not launch harder than .54G's due to terrible wheelspin, and the engine was still pulling G's at 7000rpms!
I'll post again after adjusting the throttle switch, idle, timing, pull all the junk out of it, and getting the cold-start working. I'll reweigh and postthe working weight, as well as some 0-60 and 1/4 times.
I was suprised that this thing pulled over .1G at 7000 rpms at the top of second gear!
This is as stock as it gets for me, boys. So take it as it comes. I had to stop because the ignition wires from the distributor hit the manifold and burnt through. I'm so disgusted now, I'll be diagnosing the damage to IGN components tomorrow sometime.
But 127 peak REALLY suprised me.
I guess the stock EFI ain't so "Terrible" After all!

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10% discount at Lowe's

My wife works there.
No NOS yet...
But it was REEEEEEEEEEally close to having an 83ZXT motor go in to it!

· Registered
1,340 Posts
That happened to me once...

when the wires crossed, the ensuing arc burnt the fuel before it could reach the cylinder, causing a lean situation which resulted in a blown head gasket.

Watch out Tony!

:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.