ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the stock hp for a 83 280zx turbo is? And whart kind of upgrades would give me the most hp and any prices gfor those upgrades would be appreciated!!
Adam

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
thats what you asked for wasn't it...

0-60 9.1sec 1/4mile [email protected] Hp 145/5500 Trq 166/3000
this is for a non turbo Zx

Dan

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Re: thats what you asked for wasn't it...

Hey Rex where did you get those numbers for the N/A ZX? All iver ever seen is the #s for the 79-80(81?) models 135 hp cant remember the TQ. I didnt realize they made that much torrue.

I need to get me 82 or 83 motor.

Justin T

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
thats for 82zx non turbo...

the 79zx had 135Hp
heres the link <http://www.zhome.com/> just scroll down the side untill you see Performance History... I didn't realize the 82 non turbo had more Hp than the 79... cool....

Dan

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hp's right.... accel numbers are WAY out to lunch

the auto turbo 280's push about 6.5 0-60 and 14.7 - 15.3 in the 1/4

the 5spd turbos are about 15.5-15.9 in the 1/4

·
Registered
115 Posts
auto turbo times

the automatic transmission lets you keep full boost the whole time. with the manual, you lose revs (and therefore boost) when you shift.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Re: What!!??

Yeah..heltonjk is right..
on the manual.. when you shift.. you lose rpms and while youre doing so.. you lose boost.
on the automatic... there's a sort of blow off valve (correct me if i'm wrong in the description of that thing) that keeps the boost up while the car's shifting.

I suppose you could probably build up the turbo setup.. to not lose as much boost while shifting... with added components and what not... and get the manual shifting version.. as fast... or faster...
but stock.. the auto is faster.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Curious about upgrades

I have an 83zxt too, with an automatic. I was just curious about the upgrades available to me also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.