ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I hope to get the turbo motor in the next couple of weeks and I am wondering if the stock clutch will handle 10 lbs of boost.. Also can the stock injectors handle this boost also.. THanks guys!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Hi 83Zwigen-------------The clutch on your '83 n/a is a 225mm unit, providing it's stock. The 5-speed turbo cars were equipped with a 240mm unit, and for good reason. The smaller n/a clutch is inadequate for this application. You can also find the 240mm clutch in some of the 2+2 cars, I think '82 and '83 2+2's have them.

The stock injectors should handle 10 lbs boost without a problem if you're talking turbo injectors. Just be super aware of any knocking or pinging sounds for the first little while.

Roadman
Gulfport, MS

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roadman. Will the stock Turbo clutch handle the 10 lbs of boost?
My stock clutch now seems to slip intermittanly also.I have a stock N/A motor in it and it is only like a year old. I cannot figure it out. I guess it doesnt matter anyway sence It is going out. Thanks for the info ...

·
Registered
241 Posts
will the turbo clutch work on an na?? Is there anything else that needs to go to make the upgrade?? My clutch is getting not so fresh, and the petal pressure is really light, like so light I can press it to the floor with one finger. Mabee I need a new string for this one.

Dylan

·
Registered
402 Posts
I ran the n/a 225mm clutch on my turbo swap for several thousand miles and 2 dozen passes at the drag strip up to 9 psi non-intercooled. It slipped noticeably at 15psi with a IC. If your in a pinch it will work for awhile but start saving for a new clutch cause you'll eventually need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.