Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock Alarm reliable?

<HTML>I have a question for you guys and gals. Are the stock alarms reliable, or is it really easy to break into a 300zx? cuz í'm trying to figure out if i should just leave the stock alarm as is or if i should replace it with an aftermarket alarm. Also, my stock alarm doesnt seem loud enough, is there some sort of way i can increase the volume? Thanks for the help.</HTML>

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE: Stock Alarm reliable?

<HTML>yea, just stick your key into your door lock and turn, and it will stop.</HTML>

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE: Stock Alarm reliable?

<HTML>My stock alarm on my 90 zx has been falsing alot lately too. It must be a design flaw, because my 89 Nissan Pathfinder stock alarm falses alot also. If some knows how to correct this let me know.</HTML>

·
Registered
42 Posts
how to disable it

<HTML>FYI: to disable the factory security you just unplug the cable wiring from the module.

The module is located behind the passengaer wood kick panel to the top upper right of the ECU, mount. You do not need to take out the module, but just unplug it. The module is the size of a wallet.

This will disengage the alarm, the yellow security light on the dash will no longer blink or light up and no more horn noises.

This info relates to a 1990 n/a 300zx, but I can't see this changeing much over the other 90-96 models. You'd probably only want to disable the factory security in preparation for installing an after market security system.

If anyone else knows more about this - like this wallet sized module controls more than just the secruity system - please let me know.

Hope it helps you out. - Geoff
</HTML>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.