Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I said my 280z was too low I meant
the frame rail is only about 3.5 to 4 inches.
does the fact that two of my struts are bad
make a huge difference (one in front and one
in the rear).

Please suggest 16and 17 wheels with the right
offset. Thanks for the responses... lui.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
> When I said my 280z was too low I meant
> the frame rail is only about 3.5 to 4
> inches.
> does the fact that two of my struts are bad
> make a huge difference (one in front and one
> in the rear).

> Please suggest 16and 17 wheels
> with the right
> offset. Thanks for the responses... lui.
Lui,
Your car setting too low will be affected by your bad struts but would be more likely to be affected by your springs. If you know someone else who has a car similar to yours measure the height of their springs and then measure yours using the identical method. YOu may have lowering springs on your car which would drop it about 1 1/2 below stock ride height.
On the 16 & 17 wheels. If your car is a daily driver and you wasnt to be able to rotate your tires you need to run 7 wide wheels. You could run 8 wide but only on the back. Offset - lets use backspacing instead. Backspacing is the distance from the inside edge of the wheel rim to the mounting surface. On a 7 wide wheel a 0 offset would be a 3 1/2 backspacing. You need to run between 3 1/2 and 3 5/8 backspacing on your Z.
Tires: To maintain a semi-accurate speedometer you will need to run 205/55-16's, 225/50-16's or 225/40-17's. Those are also the biggest 16 & 17 tires you can run underneath stock wheel wells and still rotate the tires.
Merry Christmas,
Phantom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.