ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay I posted a few days ago, but still havent been able to figure this out. I have a turbo motor that is not giving out any spark from the coil. I just bought another coil setup with the modulator, because I thought that this might be it, but it isnt. The black lead to the modulator is getting power, and the yellow lead is at about 3 volts and at 6-7 volts when engine is cranking over. from what I understand. the yellow wire is supposed to get a low voltage.

Can anyone help me? thanks...NB

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: Still no power from coil on turbo motor...plea

Just thought I would ask did you use the ignitor ,A guy e-mailed me on this forum and said it wouldnt work with out its on the side of the coil on stock zxt .

·
Registered
6 Posts

make sure yellow/wt from power transitor is connected to yel/wt from ecu terminal#5
bk/wt from transitor to ign (on).

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

the wires are hooked up correctly, and still no power from the coil. it just doesnt make sense. if the coil is getting power then it should work. unless the coil or the modulator are bad. but then i used a different setup, and still it doesnt work. am i missing something?

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Simple tests.

Do you get at least + 12 volts (battery voltage) with the key "on" at the '+' coil terminal?

When cranking if the '+' coil voltage drops below + 9 volts the engine will not start because the ECU needs at least + 9 V to function.

Put an analogue volt meter ( + terminal ) on the '-' terminal of the coil and hook the '-' terminal of the meter to ground. When you crank the engine the meter needle should deflect each time the Dizzy tries to fire the coil. You can not do this test with a DVM, you need an analogue meter or an oscilloscope to see the pulses.

Disconnect the two wires from the coil and measure the resistance between the '+' and '-' primary terminals. The turbo coil should be 0.63 to 0.77 ohms.

Measure the resistance between the center terminal (H/V output) and '-' terminal. The turbo coil should be 7.0 to 8.6 K ohms.

Wayne Monteath
Masham, Quebec.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.