ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I have learned that on this car, if I haven't personally replaced it, its most likely still from the factory.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
OUCH!
I have done the rear end in the NA 2X, bought an E bay " perfect " one... howled BAD!

So took the one I pulled out which was quiet, yet klunked due to freeplay issues.
had that rebuild @ ramjet ( a place out here great work reasonable priced )..

They had to rebearing the entire thing, what came out wasn't pretty all the races were gaulled, the bearing surfaces were pitted.. the gears were in good shape, but that was about it... still all in I was at $390.00 ( with a full race rattle can black paint job! )..

I had it tossed in last week ( 250.00 ) and it already had the rickey racer urethane
mounts.. and it's ALL GOOD!

Anyone need a core??

Mike

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I just threw away a spare diff back in September. I tossed it straight into my home garbage dumpster. The great part was that I was home and out in the garage when the trash guy came to get it. They use an arm to pick up the trash and dump it into the garbage truck. I must be one of the first neighborhoods on his route, because when he dumped my trash the diff hit the steel bottom of his truck with a HUGE metal-on-metal BOOM!! The guy looked like he soiled his shorts. I just went on about my business like nothing happened.

It served him right. Those lazy %$&!#@ won't remove their asses from the seat of that truck for anything. If you have a trash item or items that won't fit in the standard dumpster.. they won't touch them. They'll still be sitting there at your curb when you come home. I'm not talking dressers or old bicycles here... I'm talking about a broken down cardboard box or an extra bag of trash.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Somehow we got from poor gas mileage to poor trash service (and a differential banging the bottom of a garbage truck)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
KyleKidd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the disappointing story Z-CARR.

It had a "clunk". You wouldn't have wanted it. I got a newer one that had dented heatsink fins and switched the good heatsink over and resealed/reinstalled.

I am the master of thread mis-direction ;)

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Kyle,

Did ya drain your diff oil yet?
Remember 90 wt will have a STINK to it, so do not judge it on smell..

Just how black it is and how much glitter comes out...

Mike

81 - 91 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.