Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Group,

I have a general question for you all before I call my shop back for some follow up work. I recently put in new tokico blues/springs, got an alignment, new tires. The car handles wonderful, no regrets.

But, I'm getting some front end noises on the left and right sides. It's a clank clank sound and it will come from either the left or right side after hitting a dip or bump. Any thoughts as to what this could be?

Thanks all for your continued help!

Scott

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yes, I know what your talking about, I experience the exact same problem. I bought the cheep shocks though :p. Gator or Greddy or sumthin. dunno. they were cheap. Anyway, what I beleive it is, is the shocks, inside the case, are bouncing around, when you go over a bump. Whether it's a serious problem or not I'm not sure. But basically, the main part of the struts are encased in this black metal tube below the spring, and thats what I think the strut is bouncing around in and making the sound.

Another problem that experience with my car is when i turn my wheel all the way to once side, the spring catches in a certain place, and actually loads itself as i turn it back around. But in about 2 or 3 inches of loading, it will release itself and make a loud noise.

Good luck, and tell me if you have a solution to either of the problems :-D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.