ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i bought some subs a couple days ago and now i am looking for an amp. They are 2 rockford fosgate 12" P1s that are both 8 ohms. A buddy said i could
" wire them together to be a 4 ohm load. To do this when u wire them up run one postive to the other speakers postive then into the positive of the amp. Same thing with the negative. That will produce your 4 ohm load. you want an amp that can produce 300x 1 at 4ohms."

what kind of amp should i get, one thats not a hole in my pocket either(more than 150$). thats the ebay price of course. Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
didnt you just post this a few days ago?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no that was just about the whole system i would like some advice about what amp to get. its an update

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a pioneer GM-5000T 2 channel amp in my car powering two 12" subs. It sounds great. The amp is a two channel, but you can bridge it to one channel and it gives 380W continous and 760W max at 4 ohms. Not sure if this is too much power, as I don't know anything about your subs, but you can get the amp for about $150 at Circuit City, etc, probably less on ebay. It is what I use and I love it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.