ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to get around to install a new deck in my '84 for the last few days now but have been unable to come up with the wiring diagram for it. If anyone has a link they can hit me with, let me know. If you need to e-mail it, you can send it to [email protected]. Thank you for all of the help.

Jacob

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. Actually, right after I posted that I slapped myself on the head and went and found it myself.

As a follow up though, now that I have my deck hooked up, the stereo's memory does not work. When I hooked the deck's memory wire into the constant coming out of the dash, the stereo would not turn on and thus I had to run the stereo's memory and power wire together and hook it to the car's power wire. What do I need to do to fix that?

Second follow up: Betty no longer works now that the stereo is in? What'd I do?

Third and final follow up: When I was hooking the deck up, I spent a lot of time with the car in the ON position. As the car sat like that, the passenger headlight motor kept making noise. I would occassionally raise and lower the headlights to make sure they were still operating and everything seemed to be fine. I did not disconnect the motor because I continually kept thinking "I'm almost done, I'm almost done." Well, now the lights do not go up or down, but they do work. What do I need to do to solve this?

Thank you so much you guys,
Jacob

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
1st: you need to find a wire that always has 12volt power only when the key is turned on. If you've got a multimeter, that will help out. Otherwise, you can probably just wire it to the fusebox where the power window fuse is, and it should work. You might blow the fuse, and if that happens replace that with a higher rated fuse.

2nd: From Az-zbum.com

How do I hook "Bitching Betty" back up?
Please note this only applies to the 84-86 GL and GLL models. The easiest way is to use the original wire for the front left speaker. Simply run the output of the stereo or amplifier to the origin of the speaker wires (84 and GL = behind the stereo, 85-89 GLL = under passenger seat). Then reconnect the original speaker leads in the door to your

3rd: What do you mean, making noise? Was it trying to go up and down but getting stuck? take the cover off the back of the motor while it is making the noise, see if anything is trying to move. Free up whatever is blocking the motion. I think this might be your problem. Otherwise this might work:

<http://zhome.com/ZCMnL/84HowTo/84hlswitch.html>

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
1 and 2: basically, you hooked it up wrong. you didn't read the site carefully or something.

3: doubt you burned out the motor, but it's possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.