ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a sony explode deck with sony 6.5's in the doors(no amp) , and an 800 watt amp running 2 persion audio 6X9's (700W) and a dual 10'' sub (375W). i put the stereo at a volume of 20 and every thing is normal but anytime i put it over 20 it pops a fuse. anyone kno what would cause this to happen?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
how is your amp wired up? Is the power wire straight to your battery? Disconect the remote wire from your amp, and then turn it above 20. If it works fine, there is something going on with your amp wiring. Otherwise, it's your head unit.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my amp is ghetto rigged into the power for the head unit. ill try the remote wire thing.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
yeah....that's your problem, your amp is pulling tons of power through your stereo fuse...At this point you've got two options:

1) take it to someone who knows what their doing and have them help you.

2)listen to me and do it yourself.

If choosing step 2, read below:

I assume that you bought an amp kit to go with this amp. The big red colored wire, should be like 15-20ft of it, should connect directly to your battery, There should be an inline fuse, like 50amps or so; can't really remember, connected about one foot from your battery. This line should be run through your firewall, and connected to your amp. The black wire, ususally same thickness as the red one, should be grounded to the chassis very close to the amp, but away from other electronics. There should be a remote turn on wire, ususally very small and possibly blue, that should be either hooked up to your stereo, so it turns on when the stereo does, or hook it up to a fuse in your fusebox that only recieves power when the car is turned on.

Try this, and get back to me with other questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.