ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wiring diagram for the 240 shows and the wiring harness has a provision for step lights which apparently were mounted on the kick panels for the left and right side foot wells.

Does anyone have any idea what / where these lights went / looked like?

Fog Lights: Can anyone post / send a picture of what the original 240 bumper mounted Fog Lights looked like? Also, a picture or description or a source for the switch for same?

Parking Lights: in a prior post TonyD enlightened me with the
real use of the parking light switch. I thought that it was the fog lamp switch that went in the choke panel opening. My question is this, does anyone know what this switch looks like or where one can get one? Also any info on how it would have been wired in would help.

Thanks in advance
Enrique Scanlon

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Re: Step Lights / Fog Lights / Parking Lights (Oh

Well, as far as the step lights are concerned, they were NOT on any US imported versions. The wires are there in the bundles waaayyyyy up under the dash in the corners. Usually wrapped in blue electric wrap tape. Male and female bullet connectors. I went to a boneyard and found some two wire courtesy lights from an old Oldsmobile. They had little hoods around them. Crimped on the correct bullets and plugged them in and screwed them to available locations under the dash. Plugging them into the existing wires is the pain. The connectors under the dash have VERY short pigtails.
The fog light wire connectors are wrapped in the existing wire harness that runs across the front facia panel under the grill near where the horn wires are located, and the switch connection is right in the vicinity of the fusepanel. HOWEVER, I don't recommend that you use the existing wiring DIRECTLY to connect the fog lights. If you do, the current draw will be SIGNIFICANT and is likely to cause or increase the likelyhood of melting down the tail/marker/dash light fuse. Instead use a relay in the system to transfer the power from battery or other location to the lights. BTW if you have a very early 71 that is built like a 70, I don't think you will have this wiring in the bundles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.