ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speaking of being behind the wheel of a Z, my steering wheel is very ugly and needs to be replaced, I have checked out MSA and VC's wheels and they look OK but I was maybe wanting the Sqare D or Rally type look. Anyone have any good suggestions? Thanks.

P.S. My interior is Tan.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i just pulled a steering wheel off of a chevey cavaler RALLY SPORT and with some moding got it to work on my z and then i pulled the chevey logo out of it and used the paint program on my PC to make a z with nissan going thru the middle it looks rilly good

86 300zx turbo jesus drove a ford that's wy he walked everywhere!!!

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
what do you do if you have cruisecontrol and all that on your wheel?

·
Registered
297 Posts
i want to get a silvia wheel from japan but they cost big money. looks like this:

More realistically though, this wheel shouldn't be too hard to find:

it's from an 86-89 with GL trim.

i assume you have this one now, it's the one that came with my 84 turbo:

so ugly...sigh

if you stick with nissan wheels then you most likely won't need an adaptor. if you get anything else, you'll need a MOMO or Sparco hub to attach it.

credit : http://www.az-zbum.com for last two images

·
Registered
297 Posts
i like that momo. how much did it run you?

·
Registered
297 Posts
how'd you come across the 200 wheel, inq? i was looking at those but figured it would be a pain to find.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I've been search'n on/off for a while (couple of years) .. eBay mostly; Nissan OEM surplus; (and through Japanese forums) .. never came up w/anything. Then decided to ask Proudear (eBay seller of z31 stuff) if he ever came across one, to let me know ..

Timing must of have been right, because he responded that he hadn't seen one in a few years, but would keep an eye out for one. Within a few weeks, he contacted me .. and well I purchased it!

I thought it'd be easier to find .. with so many 200ZR's in Japan w/aftermarket steering wheels .. they all had to do something w/their old steering wheels.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Oooh, that's a stroke of luck. Aren't there a couple of posters on here representing the JDM? I might commission one of them to track one down for me and ship it for the right price. I'll check the z31.com user map too.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Good luck ..

I went that route too .. z31.com / 3ZC / z31club ...

I even asked the guys in Japan (that I've since gotten to know), that have switched to MOMO's etc .. and they all had gotten rid of their OEM wheels long ago ...

I know there is at least 1 other z31 owner looking for the steering wheel too ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.