ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing my heater core (or trying at least) on my non-turbo 85 300zx and can't get the steering wheel off. I removed the nut from the post under the horn cover and have used a steering wheel puller and still nothing! I'm actually bending the threads on my puller and still nothing!! Has anyone else had this much trouble with this? Everything i read says it just pops right off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i understand your concern but I assure you I'm using the pulling correctly. I used to work in heating and cooling and have used pullers countless times before. I have never come across something like this. Thanks for the concern, i'm just hoping someone has been through what I'm seeing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mine did this too. Keep the nut on the last couple of threads and shack the **** out of it. Side to side, pull etc. Sounds crazy but it works. If you do not leave that nut on, the wheel can pop off and hit you in the face. Dont ask me how I know this. If you have sterring wheel controls on the wheel, make sure all those connections are unclipped from the harness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.