ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
when i did my rack bushes i found it easier to take the weight off of the front wheels so that once you remove the old bushings you can move the whole unit back and forth and the wheels will move with it/and you will have alot more room to work.

· Registered
1,910 Posts
I made a small ramp from 2X10 boards. Just cut a shallow angle on the boards and nail/glue/screw two pcs. together on the flat sides. It only raises the car 3 in. but this is a big help for many small jobs when you don't want to jack up the car, like changing the oil, etc.

The ramps can also be used as chocks to hold the car when you do have to jack up the car.

· Registered
1,713 Posts
Not sure how similar the 260 is to the 280, but watch out for these gotchas!

Need to remove locknut on steering rack bushing holder from the top, prior to undoing the bolts from the bottom.

I had a **** of a time (so have others) getting the new poly insert to roll around into place. Not enough clearance below oil pan. Much better to do this if the engine is out! Unbolting an engine mount and jacking engine a bit might help a lot. I didn't jack engine, but I sure did grunt and fart and cuss at those rat bastards till they finally worked into place.

Note left and right are not the same.

Good Luck!
Later! -------- Al

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys ! Oh by the way, Al brought up a point about the urethane being hard to get in place. I told my freind who has an import repair shop about the urethane bushings I have on order. He said he would let them sit in real hot water for a few minutes before installing. Just a little tip to late for Al.
Once again Thanks
RC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.