ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 81 280ZXT with 46k. The car runs strong under acceleration but at a steady speed has a miss. I've changed plugs,cap,rotor,EGR valve,PCV valve. Also checked vacuum lines and injector connections. Any other ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
> Just bought an 81 280ZXT with 46k. The car
> runs strong under acceleration but at a
> steady speed has a miss. I've changed
> plugs,cap,rotor,EGR valve,PCV valve. Also
> checked vacuum lines and injector
> connections. Any other ideas? Thanks!

You might want to check injector operation.

Easy test.

Use a long screwdriver as a stethescope by placing it on the injector block and put your ear to it.

If the injector is working you'll hear and feel it clicking as it fires. If you find an injector that doesn't exhibit this, it's probably a bad injector.

Good luck

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
> Just bought an 81 280ZXT with 46k. The car
> runs strong under acceleration but at a
> steady speed has a miss. I've changed
> plugs,cap,rotor,EGR valve,PCV valve. Also
> checked vacuum lines and injector
> connections. Any other ideas? Thanks!

I have an 83 280ZXT that does the some thing. I think today I am going to clean the throttle possition senor and adjust it. Also the air flow meter may be sticking? Does anyone know if these two things can cause this problem?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a similar problem on my 78. It turned out that the plug wires were rubbing on the bottom of the hood. I put electical tape on the hood, and over the wires. Solved my problem. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Great tip Tyler, I checked my plug wires on my 73 and sure enough, a little repositioning and some tape made a world of difference. No more misfireing. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.