ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my 88 300zx na will not start. I rode around two weeks with no problem and today it will not start. It will start after about a few tries but only for about three seconds. I can hear the fuel pump working when I turn the key on. I have checked the injectors and replaced the fuel filter and nothing has changed. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
after you start it try holding the idle up around 1500RPMS, let it sit there for a while and then let the idle fall, see if it still dies.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i hit the gas it just dies out. If I partially turn the engine over a few times and then try and turn it over it starts for a few seconds and stops again. I don't know what it might be.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I let the fuel pump run a few times before i start it it will run for a few seconds. All this happened after I put octane booster in my car but I didn't fill the tank all the way. Should i check my injectors or replace my pump? this is my main transportation right now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i checked the codes and i can't get it running long enough to check the codes while its running. In self-diagnosis mode its flashing cylinder head temp sensor circuit, idle switch circuit and fuel temp. sensor circuit. The idle switch and fuel temp connectors were just loose. it didn't affect startup once i reconnected them. It still isn't running for me. Could my cylinder head temp sensor cause it not to start and idle?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the help guys. Even though the code didnt come up for the maf sensor i took it off anyway and started it up. It cranked the first time but it smoked like crazy. I am going to buy a new sensor later today. thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.