ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help with starting problem, some times is just wont turn like when the battery is dead. and when i driving the all the dash light would come up except the seat belt, battery and oil light. the thing is i took it to an auto parts store to have it tested and they told me that the battery and alternator was in good shape. although i dont think the girl new what she was doing. i need some input on this. any help would be great.

1987zx na

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your Alternator is acting up. May work ok one moment then while you driving may start to overcharge your battery a bit. So your battery may be a little damage. Just guessing. As really not clear what is going on.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It seems to me either your connections have contacting issues or your battery is bad. If you have another car, try swapping batteries to see if the problem still persists...If it doesn't, well then you just solved your problem :eek:P If you want to see if your alternator is working correct disconnect the positive lead? (someone correct me if I'm wrong) on your battery while the car is running. If the alternator is working the car shouldn't die.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.