ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a follow-up to the previous post. My starter needs to be replaced and I have a new one. The question is I have the two bolts out and the wires disconnected but it seems to be pressed in there or stuck. The question is how do I get it out of there.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Take a rubber mallet and rap it at a couple of spots on the shell near the back end, where the shell is less likely to dent because of the rear plate. Be ready in case it wants to let go and drop out on you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the car is in neutral, but I have figured out the problem. It turns out the head on lower bolt of the starter is broken off about a 1/4 inch inside the casing and was covered over with oil and dirt, which was perfectly flush. I have the car on ramps which does not give me a lot of room to lay under there. The second bolt I removed was not from the starter, but from some sort of bracket which is right beside the bolt on the starter. I have decided to take the car to a shop and let them remove the broken bolt and install the new starter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts