ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one have pics of the starion intercooler or pics of the supra mk3 and mk4 intercoolers? I'm looking to buy very soon and I want to know what I'm looking at so I don't get burned. also, hows everyones experience with these intercoolers? I've got an 83 280zxt. pro's and cons of these intercoolers? thanks guys, I checked the archives but I want some fresh input.

· Registered
433 Posts
hey spork, i've done pretty extensive research on these IC's and from what i can tell, the starion and MK3 are similar in flow and the MKIV will outflow either of these, as JMBz said. the previous two are far better than no IC, however. how much boost are you looking to run? check out ZFerrari's install photos on his post a couple of weeks ago. he installed a starion and his boost went from 8.5 to 6, so the starion is fairly restrictive. he was happy with the performance, though. i read about another guy who installed the supra IC (MK3) on some other car and his boost drop was very similar at the same levels. (yes i am the guy selling the supra IC's but i am trying to be as unbiased as possible.)

anyone out there put a MKIV IC into a z?

· Registered
3,212 Posts
sure, z31's

it's about the best as far as OEM ic's. The MKIV ic is cheaper than the Starion ic too which is cool. The MKIV people tend to spend a lot on upgrades like they might buy a Greddy fmic and then sell the stock ic. I got one that way 3 mo ago for $85. and got some good deals for friends but those deals are getting harder to find and the cost has gone up. You can still pick one up for less than a Starion ic. I saw a Starion ic go for $350. on ebay the other day. There were 3 air to water ic's he could have got for less. Prolly some kid who heard that the Starion ic was the one to have. Go figure...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.