ZCar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i just watched it last night out here in Abu Dhabi... all I can say is, if you like the original star wars, go watch it. chances are you won't be disappointed. i loved it :grin

Have a great day fellow Z dwellers

Bonny

·
Registered
497 Posts
My stepson who was never a big Star Wars fan said this movie was great. Could stand by itself without the rest of the series

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I noticed that usually fans of the old Star Wars, which are mostly seniors doesn't really like the new Disney's Star Wars and I count myself among them. My buddy from DSRLeasing doesn't really liked them too, they were just too "childish" and really non-canon.

·
Super Moderator
41,003 Posts
"Seniors" hahaha...

Ever watch it in different countries, there is stuff that changes country to country and it's reeeeeally odd...

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Seniors" hahaha...

Ever watch it in different countries, there is stuff that changes country to country and it's reeeeeally odd...

try it in the middle east. a lot of times things get edited... so if the movie is real vulgar or sexually explicit, its not going to be in the film.
I remember when 50 shades of gray or whatever came out.... I don't think it even showed here.

you still over there in Luzon? I went there in April... what an awesome place. I definitely plan on going back that's for sure :grin

Bon

·
Super Moderator
41,003 Posts
Should have sent out a notice or something. I was probably around in April. I didn't go on my stateside trip until May.

Yeah, I'm still here. :devil

·
Registered
63 Posts

i just watched it last night out here in Abu Dhabi... all I can say is, if you like the original star wars, go watch it. chances are you won't be disappointed. i loved it :grin

Have a great day fellow Z dwellers

Bonny
i hope not in theaters, i work in the middle east and every time i watch movies here half of it is missing (restrictions), then i watch it later and im like " i dont even remember any of this" never fails

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i hope not in theaters, i work in the middle east and every time i watch movies here half of it is missing (restrictions), then i watch it later and im like " i dont even remember any of this" never fails

yeah I've heard that from other people here too. however, the few movies i have seen here don't seem to have missing parts, but then again they were not explicit shows. when American Sniper came out, i saw that and then watched it later on disc and i didn't notice anything missing. it might depend on what country you're in also. UAE, is pretty open and westernized in many ways, however they do still retain their Islamic customs and views and laws.
they wouldn't cut Star Wars obviously, but something like Wolf of Wall Street or maybe Hangover 2, they might cut.
my buddy was saying that they might have cut a small part out of Alien: Covenant, from what he was told. I cannot verify this. again, i think it depends on your location. pretty much all the movies that are released from Hollywood, show up here first thing.

So, where are you at?

Bonny

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should have sent out a notice or something. I was probably around in April. I didn't go on my stateside trip until May.

Yeah, I'm still here. :devil
hahaha good to know you still got a pulse :devil

my trip wasn't planned. it was actually a last minute thing. i pretty much just jumped on a plane and went right at the tail end of my R&R time. tell you what though man, i don't regret it and i sure didn't want to leave! i was moping around the airport all sad before my flight back :cry

next time, i'll give a shout.

Bon

·
Registered
6 Posts
I must admit the for me the new Star Wars has kept up surprisingly well with the old ones. Normally when the film companies do something like this they destroy a film but with Star Wars they hit the nail on the head.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I must admit the for me the new Star Wars has kept up surprisingly well with the old ones. Normally when the film companies do something like this they destroy a film but with Star Wars they hit the nail on the head.
i agree. they got it right by keeping CGI to a minimum and used real props and sets, which is great. i'm looking forward to episode 8. i just wish yahoo would stop posting everything else regarding the movie.... stop posting spoilers just let it come out so we can see for ourselves!

Bon

·
Registered
14 Posts
i agree. they got it right by keeping CGI to a minimum and used real props and sets, which is great. i'm looking forward to episode 8. i just wish yahoo would stop posting everything else regarding the movie.... stop posting spoilers just let it come out so we can see for ourselves!

Bon
Super excited they backed off on the heavy use of CGI and went back to the original methods of props and sets as well. Roque One felt much more authentic to the original series.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts