ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought one of those $179.00 standard (not delux) carpet kits for thier Z from Victoria Brittish? I was thinking about buying one for my 77Z. Any recommended alternatives?

· Registered
1,298 Posts
Check out the guys at Too Intense Restoration, their set is a bit cheaper.

You'll also find a bunch of listings from them on E-Bay

Here's one listing for a 240Z set

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=599502606

And another one for all three styles of Z

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=599508255

There's also an outfit out of Massachussets that posts there also.

Don't know which one to recommend, oh, and by the way MotorSports also carries the carpet kit.

So, which one is up to you.

Can some of you guys who've bought kits in the past, post your likes / dislikes as to the kit you bought to help the rest of us?

· Registered
1,173 Posts
Like/Dislike

I ordered a 240 kit from AAutomotive - I think that is the Mass. one referred to above. I sent it back because the back piece did not fit well and the heel pad for the driver was not under my heel. Bought the Too Intense one and it fit better and also has the snaps for the front of the driver's and passenger's areas. I recommend the Too Intense kit.

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Re: Like/Dislike

I bought the molded kit from Motorsports for my '78 2+2. I have not received it yet, it is on back order. I was going to buy the Too Intense kit (which I hear is good), but I wanted a kit that is molded to the contours of the Z floor. The Too Intense kit is a flat carpet... not molded to the contours of the floor.
My kit was $229.00 from Motorsports, about $40.00 more than the quoted price from Too Intense.
I may buy the seat upholstery kit from Intense though...
Will post info on my carpet kit when it arrives.

· Registered
5,596 Posts
Re: Like/Dislike

Join a ZCCA Club and MSA will give you 10% off. The 22.95 you can save will pay for your first year membership BTW. My club was 25 the first year and 20 after that... ZCCA.org

Happy New Years

· Registered
5,837 Posts
JC Whitney has 3 levels of molded carpet kits for the Z. Cheaper but I dont know anything about them.

· Registered
303 Posts
I got the deluxe carpet kit from victoria british for my 74 260, it works great and looks perfect, the kits has thicker carpet and covers all the vinyle areas. I would recomend it!

· Registered
41 Posts
I merely went to my local carpet outlet and bought a piece of carpet the color I wanted and cut and formed it myself, was about 30 dollars for the carpet, and my time. A he** of a lot cheaper than any standard or delux kit. If you know of any carpet installers, they may have a carpet binding machine so they can put a binding around it for you, would still be cheaper than a kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.