ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CANT' FIGURE OUT MY Z SHUT DOWN WHILE DRIVING THE TACH WENT FROM 2500-0 NO SURGE NO CHUGING JUST DIED LIKE I TURNED THE KEY OFF? ANY IDEAS?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I TRIED TO RESTART BUT IT WOULDN'T SO I HAD IT TOWED. WHEN I TRIED TO RESTART IT AFTER THE TOW IS STARTED RIGHT UP? AND FOR NOW I CAN'T GET IT TO DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM BUT I KNOW IT WILL SOON, WHEN I'M ABOUT 50 MILES FROM HOME!!!!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check the ignition control module on the side of the distributor. It gets too hot and then the car shuts off. But when it cools off, you can start it again.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ignition-

So let's assume you've checked the basics;
connections to coil, plug wires, cap and rotor.

Check the connection to the water temp sensor mounted on the right side of the engine block.

What about the condition of the battery positive and ground wires?

Also check the condition of the wire from the distributor. It sends as pulse to the ECU. If that pulse is not present, the engine will not run.

Fuel-

Check connection to fuel pump and fuel pump relay. When it died and you tried to restart the engine, did the you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds after the key is put in the "on" position before you move it to the "start" position?

When was your fuel filter changed?

good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.