Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
83 280 ZX.... auto....

new 02 sensor, new fuel regulator....

when I drive it for a while (engine to full operating temp), turn the motor off, let sit for a while, I go to restart..... runs horrible, spits and sputters, won't hold idle....will stall sometime..... unless I force it into gear, or if I rev the crud out of it (don't like doin that).... then it will smooth out shortly......

am I getting vapor lock in the fuel line???? I put a cheapo fuel regulator on her, but I replaced it twice (same cheapo brand).... it definintely does it when the motor is hot and sitting (allowing the motor to build up even more heat), the problem is more persistent in the hot, houston summer too...... what gives??????

and the fuel rail blower is working........ please help!!!!!!

p.s.- before, I was having this same rough running problem all the time, hence the reason why I changed the 02 sensor (which helped a little) and then the fuel regulator (which helped a bunch)......

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Put a fuel pressure gauge between the fuel filter and the fuel pump. When it acts up what does the gauge read?

When you rev it up what does the gauge read?

When you turn the key to "run" does the fuel pump run for 5 seconds and then shut off? What does the gauge read?

Disconnect the small gauge wire from the starter solenoid and hold the key on "start" for 5 seconds and then release the key. Does the fuel pump run and then stop when the key is released? What does the gauge read?

Finally, when you turn the key "off" how long does it take for the gauge to drop to zero.

When did you change your fuel filter last?

Wayne Monteath
Masham, Quebec.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.