ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys mentioned about different stages that you can upgrade your TT with. Is there a link that I can find the different mods that has to be done in order to upgrade the Z?

Cheers,

Joss
Ottawa, ON
Canada

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the link. I would like to reach Stage II, is it a big job to upgrade the underdrive pulley and can it be done by the Nissan Dealership?

Joss

·
Registered
311 Posts
c'mon... you gotta at least go stage III... gotta get the exhaust or all the air that pop charger is sucking in is almost useless

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
joss

"stages" are guides at best.. and pretty much for giggles only. There is no real stage benchmark and SGP's differs from JWTs which is different from someone elses. etc.

Click here for several "stage" lists

As far as the UD pulley goes - my mechanic wouldnt install one because of long term damage concerns (here comes the flames!) but Im sure you can find one who will. Here are the installation instuctions in case you think you want to tackle it yourself:

<http://www.ttzd.com/tech/pulley/pulley.html>

Bonne Chance!

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
i agree with Razx on this one, get the intake and exhaust taken care of first before you start messing with the pulleys. I like stillen's upgrade chart the most up until about stage 5

·
Registered
311 Posts
i mean, I will prolly get the UD pulley before exhaust and intake just because my Z is past due for the 60k, but I will get the intake and exhaust before the ecu.

I don't necessarily care what order I go (depends on money and what I have going on with the car already), but if you're gonna go stage II, you might as well at least PLAN on going stage III.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
You wont see all that much improvemen if any with the UD pulley, I dont really see why some do it especially in the n/a engine. The possible problems most definately out weigh the gains. You should just wait and get a lightened flywheel whe nyou replace your clutch. I feel this is a safer and relatively equal upgrade to the UD pulleys. Just my .01 =0)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the exhaust already. I believe that it has HKS Exhaust on my Z. So, if I understand correctly, I should install the intake next and look at upgrading the pulley later on.

Joss

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.