ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering in my 84 zx turbo motor should i put in stage I or stage II camshafts? anyone know where i can get the new springs, rockers arms ,Etc...and such that are required for the warranty? will i have to get new pistons or is this setup fine with the factory pistons?...i hear that VG30DETT pistons fit in the VG30ET block.

Performance Camshaft, Z31 Turbo Stage I, 84-89 ZX Turbo
Code: 10-2023
Price: $169.95
Quantity in Basket: None
Lift(In/Ex): .420/.420. Duration(In/Ex): 262/256.
Note: Reground on Genuine Nissan Cams, sold in pairs on an exchange basis only. Your old cams must be returned to us in fully rebuildable condition. Warranty on camshaft requires use of new rocker arms, proper springs, proper lifters, and proper professional installation.

Performance Camshaft, Z31 Turbo Stage II, 84-89 ZX Turbo
Code: 10-2024
Price: $169.95
Quantity in Basket: None
Lift(In/Ex): .420/.420. Duration(In/Ex): 270/262.
Note: Reground on Genuine Nissan Cams, sold in pairs on an exchange basis only. Your old cams must be returned to us in fully rebuildable condition. Warranty on camshaft requires use of new rocker arms, proper springs, proper lifters, and proper professional installation.

·
Registered
353 Posts
any of those two will work , fine is it for a turbo ?, you can buy the lifters from them i dontknow if you can buy the other things too , i would say nissan but they are extremely expensive , vg30dett pistoins do fit and they are better because they are forged , but you will have to use the twin turbo rods too,and i dont know at what compression that will put you, also if this engine is going from n/a 2 turbo it is a good idea to get a turbo oilpumpin it as it flows 25% more . good luck

·
Registered
185 Posts
Depends on how much power and when you want to get it, the higher duration camshaft the less power down low. VG30Dett Pistons will fit into a VG30E but compression will be slightly lower due to the different combustion chambers and heads. You can get lifters from Nissanparts.cc and you can get valve springs from JWT or Schneider

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.