ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Greesed the heck out of my driver side door and I still can't figure out what is making the horrible noise when I open the door. This kind of stuff drives me crazy I was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and what did you do to fix it.. or do I just need to get all new door parts.. I really dont want to have to do that for a squeal..

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
WD40 has always worked for me. j

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've tried like I said I greesed the SH** out of that door.

·
Registered
548 Posts
My 84 N/A did the same thing. I tried everything on it. Silicon spray, WD40,
Breakfree oil. Turned out to be the top hinge was sloppy from age. Don't know for sure that was it, but the noise is gone.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess you replaced the top hinge? Or did you replace all of them?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Duh.. Stupid me, I didn't mention that part. I only replaced the top hinge. Try this. With the door open pick up on the bottom, back toward the latch and see it there's any up and down play in the door.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
My doors like that; the drivers side door gets opened/closed a million times more than the passenger side. The only true fix would be to get the hinges replaced or repaired as it'd be physically worn and no magic spray will fix that :)

I've heard that getting to the bolts is a real battle though...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No getting to the bolts isnt that bad but I think I got it last night, And to answer the question Yes I used to Shi* out of some white Lithium Grease But what I used last night was this new stuff called Super Lube Anyone have this stuff isnt like industrial lube for jet engines.. This **** is no joke

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Well if its a simple sqeek then lubing it up should work fine; but in most cases the hinges are actually worn and damaged.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.