ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 77 has developed the squeaks when I change road surfaces at slow speeds. (Pulling into another road) It comes from the rear and is getting aggravating. Does anyone know what it could be?
By the way, if you hear clunking from the gas tank it could be that someone did something stupid like me and broke a locking gas cap and the insides fell into the tank. Oh well I have to change the tank anyway, it has two leaks, one on the bottom and another on the side. I go $2 of gas at a time now.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Sounds like bushings....

mustach bar diff bushings, sway bar or some of the others back there. All of the bushings on my 76 are zero...so it's a work in progress, diff and trans are first up on my list.

It's not stupid...just a steep learning curve :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yep, lots of moving hardware back there. You also may want to have a look at the "U" joints on your half shafts and drive shaft.

Now go and fix it!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Had a similar problem on my 82 ZX, along with a rattle. Turned out to be the left rear upper shock mount was loose & the squeak was the rubber bushing. the rattle was the shock tower had wallowed out the hole & the spindle was moving around inside the hole. Haven't solved it yet. Any solutions would be welcome.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Solution 4 Squeaking from rear of car

I had this problem crop up after I installed urethane bushings. The cure was loosening the sway bars and liberally applying white lithium grease to the bushings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.