ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woah, what a run, things going smooth, just cruisin as usual... What pulls up next to me but a VERY nice (stock looking) TTZ. 94+. I asked him at the light what mods he had and he said "tons". We went straight for a bit, a little playing, not too much, cars seemed very evenly matched. We turned off on some back road I don't know well, and we had ALOT of fun. Went into one corner with me behind and all was well, when we came out, he shot away and I hit it, next thing I know, she lost traction and I spun it, a clean 360 (never left my lane). This was in the middle of BFE, so please hold your comments.
This was me not knowing the limits of my car, I need to spend some time in track school.
He doubled back and we had a great talk and laugh about it. He was stunned at the quickness of the TT in an N/A. Good times....................................

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Must be something wrong with my car, the turbos never kick in =0(

·
Registered
673 Posts
nice story dave =) and dont worry freeflow, with the way your car sounds you're bound to scare off any unwanted predators!

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Never brake in a turn (not talk about trail braking right now) either. Braking is for straight sections and will rob traction from one or more corners during a turn. If you're at the limits of traction it's guaranteed

Hey Zaddict, why don't you come up to Atlanta for our next lapping day? You'll get tons of seat time and be relatively safe. There should be no deer either.:)

Post Edited (Jan 5, 1:38pm)

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Sterling Moss..."It's better to go into a curve slow and come out fast than to go in fast and come out dead."

or something like that

Brake before the curve, and accelerate thru it. But boost will build so you kinda have to be "ahead of yourself" and back off the throttle.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Ha, I had a similar story a while back.. experimenting with the "sport suspension mod", except my 540 ended me up in a ditch.. Note to self, the car slides easier with the front of touring and the rear on sport...

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guys, all cool input... JT, I need to get up there..... This was the first time in a year I ever lost control of the beast.... I think it was because I don't have a BC and tried to control the Boost with my foot while trying to race... Excuses right?

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
lol at tsefreeflow! Sucks you spun it out Mr. Boy Green, and i'm with Shift, it'd be nice if i had that problem.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sounds like the other fellow was a real "good sport" as we used to say.

How nice !

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool talks guys, I love the feel of this car and don't get me wrong, I can drive it. But I am humble enough to say that I need a good education... I will continue working on my skills...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
good story...only way to know the limits of your car is to test them...safely is the key...i kick out the back end of my car around turns for fun sometimes...i couldn't imagine doing it and controling it with as much power as you have

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
I have spun my car like that a time or two while having some fun on the roads. Generally I attribute it to being too nervous while driving. Since I've gotten more comfortable with my car, I've learned how to slide it through turns rather than spinning it out.

·
Registered
800 Posts
You guys are making me feel all tingly inside!!

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
**** cycowrencher. Good link!

There should be no deer either.:)
lol, be careful saying that. The deer will hide out in Dave's hatch and get out just so they can run out in front of him at the track.

Awesome story Davey Boy. Oversteer can happen to the best of us and I'm really glad nothing worse came out of it! I'll call you today (Fri) or tomorrow. Dad says he wants to deliver it within the next couple of weeks (it's looking like it'll be without me :-( Between school and work I can't get away long enough).

I JUST got a TT fuel pump in from Ash that I had ordered before I decided to sell. If you want it, it was the one from his burgundy slicktop TT and had 60k on it (bought new by Ash) and you can buy it for what I paid, $100.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.