1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with a set of springs for the '71 240 that will:

lower the ride height of the car
provide a comfortable ride for street but with good performance characteristics

I've read that the Eibach spring set is too stiff for the street...can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for the info....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...more on this

I don't need to go to a coil-over setup as I'm not planning to lower the car radically, I just want the wheels to sit deeper into the wells...

·
Registered
863 Posts
> Anyone have experience with a set of springs
> for the '71 240 that will:

> lower the ride height of the car
> provide a comfortable ride for street but
> with good performance characteristics

> I've read that the Eibach spring set is
> too stiff for the street...can
> anyone confirm this?

> Thanks for the info....
A friend of my has the Eibach springs installed in his car along with urethane bushings. As for ride there is about 1-1.5 of soft spring compression then the springs go stiff (really stiff). Over most bumps around town the ride quality is only slightly stiffer than stock, but on the big bumps you can notice the springs are a lot stiffer then the stock ones. The car also sits about 1 lower than before the install.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> Anyone have experience with a set of springs
> for the '71 240 that will:

I'm happy with Motorsport Springs and Koni non adjustable shocks.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I've read that the Eibach spring set is
> too stiff for the street...can
> anyone confirm this?

I've got Eibach springs and Tokico adjustable shocks on my'72, and it rides pretty harshly, even on the #1 (softest) shock setting. I've been told that later Eibach springs ride softer than the early ones I bought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When did you purchase your springs...do you happen to know the spring rates?...I'm using for comparison the figures in the '98 NIsMo catalog. I currently run a set of Contour springs on mine...260 rears on the front and 280 rears on the back. Sometimes I can feel the back end jump a bit from rebound when going over certain sizes of bumps at speed...thanks for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.