ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how I can find the specs. on different stock valve springs? I'm looking for things like max lift, installed height, strength and such. Can you tell anything by the colored band painted on them. I have a set of GREEN banded nissan springs and I'm trying to find some information on them.

Thanks

· Registered
567 Posts
Except for maybe the hydraulic lifter cams or turbo's, all the L series Z heads (240/260/280) use the same vavle springs. All have been superceeded to the same parts, so any factory service manual will tell you the specs. Why do you ask?

· Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking into the spring specifications of the LD28 head. These springs appear to have a stronger spring rate but are dimensionally the same. Originally they were used only as a single outer spring with no inner spring. The springs are also marked specifically with a green band painted around one or two coils. I'm just curious about what other applications these valves lend themselves too. It's more of an exercise in production parts compatibility. Please no flames as to reuse or "buy the springs with the cam". This is for some documentation I'm trying to compile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.