ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know my speedo is off a few mph at different mph, like when it says I'm doing 70 I'm doing 76. Any quick fix for this? Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,080 Posts
do you know why it's off?

How do you know at 70mph you're actually going 76?

digital or analog dash?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,959 Posts
It could be several things, untuned suspension, wrong tires, lots of variables.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I know it's doing 76 when it says 70 is because my mom was driving beside me in the '02 Yukon, which I highly doubt is off at all. But I could be wrong. The tires are the same size as stock, cept for they're 235's instead of 215's, which I understood wouldn't affect the speedo.

Now that I think of it, I have had the diffy replaced. The old one was grinding/rumbling weirdly from 70 on up, so we got a used one. Any more ideas or fixes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,438 Posts
87ZXTN wrote:
> The reason I know it's doing 76 when it says 70 is because my
> mom was driving beside me in the '02 Yukon, which I highly
> doubt is off at all. But I could be wrong.

You're probably wrong. How do you know her speedometer isn't off?

87ZXTN wrote:
> The tires are the
> same size as stock, cept for they're 235's instead of 215's,
> which I understood wouldn't affect the speedo.

You understood incorrectly.

87ZXTN wrote:
> Now that I think of it, I have had the diffy replaced. The old
> one was grinding/rumbling weirdly from 70 on up, so we got a
> used one. Any more ideas or fixes?

What gear ratio differential did you get? And did you use the appropriate pinion gear as in the link domdogg123 posted?
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top