ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this seems obvious but maybe some haven't thought about this. I have a ' 72 240 with the 3.36 rear (YES, i will swap for the 3.90 soon).With my original 4-speed, my speedometer was 10% off, showing faster than I was really going., the new 5-speed trans had the speedo gear for the 3.54 rear. When I did the swap I left the 3.54 cog in, thinking it might bring my speedo closer to reality. Now i'm probably as close to accurate as I'll ever get with a Datsun speedo, I show 72 at 70. I'll take it

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My speedo busted too

I have a 77' 280z and it shows 50 when i'm going 65...70 when 90...100 when ?. You helpful guys said it is the cable, is there anything else I gotta fix with it you think? Oh yeah, I have a 5-sped in there. Stock rear end.
Thanxs,
Beathose

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: My speedo busted too

I guess the cable could be binding, probably the cheapest place to start. Maybe if you can hook the input of the speedo head to a variable speed drill somehow you could test it that way. NOT TOO FAST THOUGH. better yet start at the transmission end of the cable and see if you can get it above 50 if it does then you know it's the transmission cog mesh. work your way up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.