ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the story behind speedvision becoming the "speed channel" on feb. 2? Are they keeping the same programming or doing (god forbid) that ALL NASCAR thing I read about last summer? What gives? did they just get tired of the name? please keep speedvision the way it is, change is not always good.

·
Registered
14,442 Posts
looks like...

IMO,that it already is the NASCAR channel.during this past season,they had at least 3 different NASCAR shows that came on twice a day,7 days a week.the name change will probably just make it official.the past 2 years,i have stayed up and watched all the endurance races at LeMans,Sebring, and Daytona,but now i doubt they will show these races in their entirety anymore. SPEEDVISION was for the driving enthusiast....SPEEDCHANNEL will be for the people that like to watch cars drive around in a big circle a few hundred times.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
"Left Corner Racing" SUCKS

Don't tell me they are taking over. Make me want to design a "Piss on Nascar" sticker.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Re: "Left Corner Racing" SUCKS

Which part of the old speedvision are you going to miss? The 30 year old MG commercials, the 60 year old grand prix highlights?

I watch and watch, and even though they throw in the occasional SCCA race, I've yet to spot a Z on the channel.

I admit, watching has-been racers and out of work crew chiefs discuss what makes a Nascar car legal is entirely too boring. I enjoy races, but they just don't have enough material to support a 24 hour channel.

Also, since the debacle of the "offical" nascar investigation where old man Simpson got to take the fall, I have not returned to Nascars site. Too much emphasis on the belt snapping, and not enough on the drivers modifications and non-standard installation. To this day, Nascar still does not mandate that the belts be installed as per the manufacturer.

·
Registered
474 Posts

NASCAR SUCKS go turn left go turn left go turn left go turn left go turn left go turn left go turn left go turn left go turn left go turn left go turn left go go turn left turn left go turn left go turn left go turn left! And thats only the firs 5 laps we got 495 left No way.But dont be afraid of the speedvision changes I was told they are getting rid of the boat and airplane stuff to focus more on auto racing around the globe, and yes HICKCAR will be apart of it. my 2 cents

·
Registered
247 Posts

I read several months ago in AutoWeek where Fox had bought Speedvision. There were fears it would be turned into a NASCAR channel because Fox airs so many NASCAR races. Being a premium channel which costs extra to subscribe to, it would allow Fox to show the races on Speedvision and you'd have to subscribe to watch it. More money for Fox. Hopefully it won't go this way, but from the looks of it, I'm afraid it will.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.