ZCar Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a question to original zap owners. I read about zap editions basicly being a base yellow 280z that dealers put the special package on. Including the stripes, side mirrors, window louvers, and shift knob, with options of rocker moulding, side upper moulding(door ding protectors) a/c, and 5 speed, By order only. My question is on the shifter knob. If all 1977 5 speed 280z's had the one year only red face shifter knob, what was the special one put on by dealers? I've searched high and low for a red face and did find one but was thinking the one in my original zap is the special one. It's basicly a leather wrapped amco knob with 5 speed shift pattern. The one that was in my car is well used and leather worn thru on one side. This is a 2 owner car before me originally purchased in California then to Texas now in Arkansas. On a side note. My zap has the a/c and 5 speed options. Also had the door ding protector trim. With the other standard zap features. Repainting and repairing some issues. I really would like to shave the door protector trim. Would it be frowned upon to do that? Trying to keep it all period correct. But looking at pics they just look more sleek without it. I will have to weld up the pop rivet holes from where they were installed.
Thanks for any help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts