ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see in the Motorsport catalague that it say something like call and ask about our FI cams. So, is there a special FI cam?? I was thinking that because the injector only opens at a certain time, and its probably timed with the stock cam, that if the valve opened sooner with a different cam, then air would be going into the cylinder and no fuel, therefore making it lean. Do I have a point, or is the timing difference so little that it doesn't matter, of do I not know what the **** I'm talking about:)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Tyler, you just do not know what the **** you are talking about:) J/K The fi cam is drilled for oil holes. The carb heads had spray bars and did not need these. The fi cam can be used in a carb head using the spray bar. Some people plug the holes with set screws, but I do not know why. The reverse is true if you use the spray bar, but I would not recommend the extra effort. Hope this helps.
Joshua L.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Joshua, is your last name Lane??nc

No, you don't know me, Do you?? My last name is Lane too. Might be related, eh?? Well, I doubt that. Where are you from?? I'm from Iowa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.