ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine just got a 2002 spec v... now the question is which one has got more potential.... a 2.5 front wheel drive spec v or my 300zx NA?

for a 1/4 mile race

if any one knows about any mods available for either please post...

thanx guys

Post Edited (Jan 31, 5:53pm)

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Re: Potential question spec vs Na

too close to call. drivers race. both are mid 15 cars. edge goes to the newer ride probably.

I say spec V.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awright... how about modding both??? which one would go farther?

wouldnt frontwheel drive make the spec faster at launch?

Post Edited (Jan 31, 5:56pm)

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
what do you mean "go farther"? you can mod them both to 1 million horsepower if you have enough money. I dont get the question.

front-wheel drive is not as good as rear wheel drive for traction/launching. (Which is why dragsters are rear wheel drive)

Post Edited (Jan 31, 6:08pm)

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh cool!

but my other question was keeping them both NA... you know like dropping headers in both, exhaust, pop, ECU, clutch and such?

which one would you go for

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
stock vs. stock, i'd say Z. Now modding them the same way, it'd be hard to tell. But i'm sure the parts to mod the Z would be more $$.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
doesn't it just kill you guys that the spec V (being a sedan) is just as cool as our sport looking Z's performance wise?

just a thought

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
in my vert with exhaust, and intake vs. my buddys spec v, with intake, header, and exhaust

we went from a 35 mph roll and he stayed at my passenger fender till we hit around 85 and there were some turns approaching and he knew either to back off and stay behind or chance the turns vs. a z, at first he started to the turn and whereas the z just stayed nicely and took the turn, his car just bodyrolled, and i think it scared him-he backed off quick, and to this day he wont race me again, cause he knows ill take him into turns where he cant really hang instead of a straight line

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
"doesn't it just kill you guys that the spec V (being a sedan) is just as cool as our sport looking Z's performance wise?"

--> No, it doesn't bother us at all. In fact, most new sedan on the road is equal or > Z in performance. There are more to a car than being able to run 160mph. We like Z not only because it can go fast during it time, but also the look, the handling, class, the feeling, history heritage, and "is that a porschse?".

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no need to say the class I got that straight trust me I love my car as much as you guys do... I mean I can stare at it for hours.... but at times it just gets me thinking that performance wise MINE needs a little more kick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.