ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Ahhh dont forget about the Elise or the Exige, yes they are alot more$$ but the Exige S 240 is nothing to sneeze at.
[attachment 16449 0803_01z+2008_lotus_exige_S_240+front_three_quarter_view.jpg]

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Realistically for the price I would go with the Miata and either turbo it or go with a Monster Miata kit. Who knows maybe you can do a MM and then use a STS turbo kit!

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
From texasvaligirl -

what about old Firebirds - got one - love it but I'd like a better shape rag top or targa with a bit more engine to restore and keep up.

My 92 - love the shape - like a Gnose Z but wider and more room.

But what I was pipedreaming about was a small Miata style strictly to commute to work. have other cars for groceries, dog and camping or hauling the cannons.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Hey Chaos thats what i was saying an STS kit is a rear mounted turbo.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Well to be truthful I would get a MG-A like what my dad had. Yes parts are hard to find and the wiring was probobly set up by monty python but they are good little sports cars. Its a old little roadster that I would have fun and a living nightmare as well.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Those MG-A's are classy little cars....remind me a lot of the late 50's early 60's Jaguars... : )

·
Registered
147 Posts
My personal opinion is that it is between the Miata and the S2K. Cost of service and parts put the BMW Z’s and Porsche Boxter out of the running. That being said I feel the AP2 S2K is a better stock car than the Miata, but if you plan on modifying anyway than you might as well go with the Miata because you can pick it up cheaper. The S2K has one of the smoothest transmissions I have ever felt, and I very short throw stock. I have had personal experience with both cars and I went with the S2k and had a huge grin every time I got in the car

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Yep!

UofAzcar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My personal opinion is that it is between the
> Miata and the S2K. Cost of service and parts put
> the BMW Z’s and Porsche Boxter out of the running.
> That being said I feel the AP2 S2K is a better
> stock car than the Miata, but if you plan on
> modifying anyway than you might as well go with
> the Miata because you can pick it up cheaper. The
> S2K has one of the smoothest transmissions I have
> ever felt, and I very short throw stock. I have
> had personal experience with both cars and I went
> with the S2k and had a huge grin every time I got
> in the car

I completely agree. Maintenance costs for the BMW and Porsche (imagine pulling the engine to replace spark plugs) are way more than the Mazda or Honda. The S2k has definite advantages over the Miata out of the box, with the engine and transmission being the main ones. The F20C has a power density of 120bhp/L naturally aspirated! The F22 is not far behind. It is an amazing powerplant. Yes it lacks torque, but it makes up for it with high end output.

The transmission is the smoothest, quickest, nicest shifting setup I've used. The first time I drove it I was amazed at the short throws and great clutch feeling.

The S2k is loads of fun to drive, and soon enough one will find it's way into my hands.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.