ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i want some more sound out of my car, like the rest of the neighborhood to hear it. The very first thing i did when i got my car 2 years ago was to put a new alpine Cd player and 4 alpine 6x9 's in it. It sounds great but now i want to add some subs, and give it some bump. I also realized that the way the back speakers are setup is really dumb. They are facing up not towards the driver and they loose sound. Any suggestions on where to put the subs without throwing a big box in the back and any idea on speaker config??

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
<http://www.az-zbum.com/modification.sub.box.shtml>

I've got a single 12" in the back of my Z, but you can definetly see it outside the car, so watch for theives.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
dark tint will take care of that

·
Registered
37 Posts
i got a pioneer head unit, pioneer 6inch splits in the front, pioneer 6inch 3-ways in the back and 2 MTX 12inch subs with a MTX amp. I've placed the box inbetween the rear speakers and i've still got plentty of room in the back, ive also got the subs and amp wired through a harness so i can pull the whole lot out if i need more room for any reason, and the whole neighborhood hears me coming from a mile away.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some one suggested to me that i put them in the compartment with the handle right behind the seats. Like so they would be flush with the back floor. Any one think this is a good idea?? Whats the best way to place subs. Up or facing the driver??

·
Registered
38 Posts
No I dont think that is a good idea subs in most cases need the right cubic space unless free air that compartment is not big enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.