ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i jus got new speakers to put in my doorS but i cant figure out how to get the speaker covers off, and i think i already broke something. does anyone have any sigustions on how to take the speaker covers in the doors off with out breaking too many things? THANK YOU

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have always taken the door panels off but I think the speaker cover can be removed but I haven't looked into it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep, you have to take off the entire panel. Take out the screws in the armrest and the light cover. There are plastic plugs around the outside of the panel, you have to pull the panel out from the door to get them out. Once they are all out, the panel comes off the door frame by pushing it up. Take your time, one of mine was very hard to get out. I always wind the window down fully first, it makes it easier.

·
Registered
312 Posts
lol i had same problem, but i just pulled the covers off.....they are fastened on four sides by a small bar looking thing that just bends to hold it in place. Getting them back in was a hard job though.

Actually i did this, but didnt have any speakers to put in...so you may need to take panel off to install them lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah bobs86zx, its a JDM model with a 2ltr instead of 3ltr.

·
Registered
37 Posts
you have to take off the door trim for a start. once you have the door trim off you will see the speaker in the door, you can just replace the speaker there or mount it in the door trim as i did. the speaker cover in the door does come out, just have a look on the inside of the door trim once you have it off and you should see 4 tabs that you can fold out to remove the cover.

if ya need more help with stereo upgrades or mods e-mail me at [email protected]

hope this helps

·
Registered
123 Posts
i got sony xplod 5-1/2" with the coaxle tweater for my z and removed the door panel and instaled them where the originol door speakers were and left the originol speaker grill still on the door panil about one year ago last week i removed the door panel and the tweater broke off must be the grill broke it so don't get speakers with te tweater in the midle

86 300zx turbo no mod's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.